Friday, December 5, 2008

Overheard:

Yesterday while I was in the office doing some important blog reading, I overheard a conversation between Calvin and Jos in the living room, regarding burps. Mega burps vs. regular burps, actually. Calvin was giving an informative address on the "up-gulping technique", crucial to any mega burp. Josie was just taking it all in, I could tell. She told Calvin her theory that perhaps one could learn to mega burp without first acquiring the regular burp skill set, but Calvin quickly disabused her of that notion. She was really mature about the whole thing. I would have expected an argument to erupt, but she kept her cool. I guess she realizes she's still got a lot to learn about burping.

(Even though Josie has mastered the art of finger snapping, whistling and--pardon the vulgar phrase--armpit farting over the years, she is the first to admit she cannot burp on command. I'm always reminding her that the children are our future. And that practice makes perfect. And that wouldn't life be a dreary place indeed if we didn't have our hopes and dreams to strive for?)


Not burping. Just rocking out, wearing Sid's shirt.