Friday, July 25, 2008

The Next New Thing


Recently Pie and I have become totally hooked on a brand-new show that we think is fantastic. You may not have heard of it before, but trust us, it is AWESOME! The name of the show is 24. Since you may not be familiar with the show I am talking about, I pulled this review off of IMDB (although please note the parenthetical statements are my own little remarks):

"Each season takes place within one 24 hour period. Jack Bauer is the head of an elite team of CIA agents who uncover an assassination plot targeting Presidential nominee David Palmer (aptly portrayed by the "Are you in good hands?" guy from the Allstate commercials). Meanwhile, Jack's strained marriage to his wife Teri (who looks like every woman ever featured in a tampon commercial) is pushed to the brink by the sudden disappearance of their troubled teenage daughter."
We are only 4 "hours" into season 1, and I can assure you, Jack Bauer's troubled teenage daughter is in a lot of bad trouble, and his marriage to Teri is really really really strained. We are so addicted to this show, along with our addiction to this new, delicious treat:

Microwave popcorn! How cool is that? The popcorn comes in these paper bags that already have the popcorn kernels and the butter and salt right there in the bottom of the bag! You just put them in the microwave for a couple of minutes and voila! I'm telling you, this is a genius idea! Can you tell how excited I am about this? This whole paragraph is nothing but exclamation points!!!
(I like mine really crunchy.)


And speaking of new things, Pie bought me this cell phone the other day! It is so convenient to have this thing. I love it! I just put it in my hip pocket and go. If you don't have a cell phone yet, get one. You will wonder how you ever lived with that bulky old corded phone.

(--Hey Daurio's! Thanks for the DVD's of the first season of 24. We love them!)

10 comments:

errin julkunen-pedersen said...

we've only finished season 2, so you're not too far behind (us anyway...)

Kathryn Poduska said...

You crack me up Julie! I was able to pause from my daily vomiting routine just long enough to laugh hysterically for a few seconds. Thanks for that. PS Does your sister think pregnancy is as fun as we do???

the binghams. said...

no, she does not. she thinks pregnancy is pretty lame. babies are cool though... thats the trade off.

I HATE 24! I think the acting is UNBEARABLE... i really can't stand it. Nic loves it though... so at least you two have that in common.

Adrienne said...

Ah, Julie. Welcome to the club. I bought Derek the 4th season randomly for his bday one year, and "gave" him 24 krispy kreme donuts too, which I ate. (I was 8+ months preggers and thinking, don't mind if I do!) It is a totally impossible, bad acted show, and we love it. And Julie, I will be shocked and appalled if you haven't watched the Simpsons 24 yet.

shayla said...

My, you're in a facetious mood today! Curt and I discovered 24 while I was on beloved bedrest. My fam's been watching for eons, but it took me like 7 years to jump on that bandwagon too.

Wayne said...

The Jack Bauer Power Hour!

It's my favorite time of the week. Can't wait for the next season (thanks writers for striking and killing my fix for last year).

SpaceyKasey said...

Paris and I laughed so hard when we read this. Oh, girl, you're too funny.

Oh no...24 is more additing than blogging! Or heroine. You'll start dreaming about terrorism and when you're awake you'll have a hard time differentiating between reality and fiction. Enjoy.

SpaceyKasey said...

P.S. Why does the name Todd Fitch ring a bell, I just don't know which one? Is he a pro beach volleyball player or something?

SpaceyKasey said...

P.P.S. Tampon adds! I'm still laughing. (We hated Dear Wife.)

rebecca said...

Wayne had the CTU phone ring as his cell's ringtone.
It's true, we've been watching "24" since season 1. I have a love/hate relationship with it, kind of like "Lost." I hate being so sucked in to such an intense show. I wind down with "Scrubs" afterward (DVR). "Samantha Who?" is another balance to 24's end of the world/millions will die w/o Jack story lines. We also like "Psych" and pop in our "Arrested Development" dvd's for a good laugh.